Fuzzball Update on the 38th Week

No baby yet. Although all the puppies have found homes. Waah!

I’m only one centimeter dilated. 50% effaced. All the contractions I’ve had in the past few days have done not much in the way of prepping my cervix. Although I did find out that the Fuzz is only about 7 pounds right now. So for the huge belly I have, there is only 7 pounds of baby in it. If I go until my due date, Fuzz should be roughly 7 pounds, 11 oz. I’m right in the “average sized baby” range. I’m not, however, in the “average sized pregnant lady” range. Unless the average sized pregnant lady looks like a house.

Eating Mexican food last night did make me continue to have contractions accompanied by a lot of back pain, but nothing regular. I felt still pretty crappy all night, so I retired to bed around 10 to watch Animal Precinct. I can’t fall asleep without that show. Last night it was pit bulls with mange, and I rested easy knowing that they were cured of all their skin disease and growing their hair back. Whew.

Today is my last day of work. I’m very happy about this, because I’ve felt pretty much just terrible all week. Terrible and uneasy. I’ll feel much better at home where I’m only 5 minutes away from the hospital as opposed to 30 minutes while at work. I may however work a few days next week, part time, but I’ll have to see how I feel. Right now I feel like my body is telling me to take it easy, so I’m listening.

Just for the record:
My due date is November 10th.
I don’t know if Fuzz is a boy or a girl. Nobody does. The Fuzz is very modest and likes to cover up his/her parts.
I’ve gained double the amount of weight that a normal pregnant woman should. Although 2 of my doctors have attributed a majority of it to fluid retention, since I’m swelling like crazy still.
I have some names picked out that I like, but we haven’t settled on anything. We thought we were settled until we realized that telling people the names you picked is a bad idea, cause once you see so many funny faces or hear “huh?” so many times you want to shoot yourself for ever picking that stupid fucking name out.

I’m not sure how much I’ll be able to blog in the next month or so. But I’ll do my best to keep you guys updated. I’ll keep posting, but I don’t know how often I’ll be able to visit you guys, so don’t be offended. Keep checking my comments, because if I do have the Fuzz I’ll have either Starr or Greg break the news there.

MWAH! Love you guys.

Comments

Popular Posts