Body Parts



I’m sitting here trying to determine what exactly it is that I’m pushing on at the top of my stomach that keeps on pushing back. Is it a foot? A knee? I’m hoping it’s not an elbow or something. It’s definitely some appendage that is little and pokey.

It’s so hard to tell which body part is which on this kid. I do know, however, that I’ve got a squirmer in there. Just as I was drifting off to sleep last night, I got a sharp jab to my left side that jolted me awake. I’m fairly sure that after a few weeks of worrying what position Fuzzball was in, that he/she is head down and possibly engaged in my pelvis. That would explain all the rapid dropping and the sudden explosion of stretch marks on my lower belly. I’ll have to wait a week though to see if I’m dilating or effaced or anything though. I know it doesn’t mean much, but it would be nice to know that my body is at least making progress.

Last night Ryan made his famous super spicy pepper chicken pasta for dinner. I was sitting in the living room and suddenly started coughing. Then I realized that I was inhaling the fumes from the peppers cooking, that’s how hot it was. I hesitated a bit before eating it, wondering if it would send me into premature labor. Luckily it didn’t (obviously), so my weekend plans are safe for now.

After work today I’ll be driving myself to Clarion. Ryan is working tomorrow, so I’ll be staying at camp tonight with just my mom and dad and the puppies. The puppies are super cute and playful now. They just had their vaccinations yesterday, so they’re ready to go to their new homes as soon as next week. I’ll be sad to see them go. I’ve learned what each of them is like, personality-wise, and they’re all super lovable. My mom has names for each of them. The one she is keeping is a little boy, who was the runt of the litter. He was sick for a few weeks, and had to go to the vet and be hooked up to an IV for dehydration. I guess the bigger puppies wouldn’t let him eat. Since he’s been home Rosie refuses to acknowledge him, so my mom has made him her baby. She feeds him and gives him all the attention that Rosie won’t give him anymore. Rosie is in for a rude awakening since he is the one that is going to live with her permanently. His name is Peanut. The other boy is Ziggy, and the two girls are Ivy and Maggie. Maggie is the biggest, weighing 1 pound 9 ounces. Peanut only weighs 15 ounces. Maggie is also the only one with a home so far. I know that if my mom doesn’t find a home for the other 2 soon she’ll keep them forever, and that’s what my dad is trying to coax her into. My dad is a sucker for little dogs and babies.

I’m feeling a little strange about being without Ryan tonight. I had no idea how much I’ve come to rely on him. I haven’t spent a night without him in a really long time. Probably at least 2 years. Now I’m more dependent on him than ever, so I might feel a little separation anxiety tonight.

It’s been a good week. This weekend will actually feel like fall. The temperature today is supposed to be in the 80’s, and tomorrow it’s only supposed to be in the 60’s. That makes me happy. Ryan also got a raise this week, which is a good thing. And Crass just came on my Yahoo Music radio station. Nice.

And just when I thought Pup couldn’t possibly be any more awesome, he outdoes himself. He sent me the bottles that I had on my registry, since I was bitching that nobody got me bottles. That makes 2 presents from Pup in less than a week! Who wants to top him? Huh? Who? Yeah, that’s what I thought. Punks.

Have a good weekend everybody. I’ll be back on Monday.

Comments

Popular Posts