The Future's So Bright


Today has been a weird and confusing day. It's one of those days in which I contemplate my future and ask myself just where the hell I am headed. Probably because I had a job interview, and I can't help but feel negative about it. I've had exactly 3 real job interviews in the past year (funny, since I've sent out over 100 resumes, I'm sure) and obviously nothing has panned out since I'm still the queen of retail. So although I try to be positive, I can't help but feel that my many qualifications for work and yet lack of real experience is exactly what is prohibiting my getting a real job. Here I thought that a Master's was going to make me more marketable. But it seems to scare people. What am I supposed to say about it? "Yes, I'm more qualified than you, my prospective boss, but I'm really not that smart." Yeah, that would be a real zinger.

I'm still looking forward to easier days ahead. Ones where I'm not deciding which bills really need paid this month or if I can get away with buying new shoes, or even groceries for that matter. I'm just hoping it's sooner than later.

Speaking of "The Future's so Bright" (what is it with me and the 80's?) did anyone know that Timbuck 3 wrote that song about a wacko nuclear science student who will probably end up nuking the world with his amazing brain? It was supposed to be a warning about messing with nuclear weapons, but nobody got the message.

Comments

Popular Posts