Hooray for Monday (note the sarcasm)

So far, it's 7 AM and here's where I stand:

My baby is sick. She had a terrible runny nose all day yesterday. You know, the kind of runny nose that grosses people out? Yeah, and she kept rubbing her face on me so my t-shirt had lovely baby booger trails all over it. But do I mind? Of course not, because she's cute.

I kept telling her, "this is what you get for swapping spit with your cousin." My niece and her son are in town visiting, and David is 3 weeks younger than Lyric. Friday we had them sitting by one another, and my daugther, who could care less about binkies and only uses the soothie kind to teethe on, reached over and pulled his binky out of his mouth and popped it in hers. My reaction was to call her a brat, but then I realized that this is my fault. It's my fault because when I'm strapping her in her carseat, I put her soothie in my mouth to make her laugh, then she reaches out and pulls it out of my mouth like she's saying, "Mother, you are so silly. That belongs to ME." then proceeds to put it in her mouth and chew on it.

My fault.

So needless to say, David had a touch of a cold and now Lyric does too, which makes me feel bad, simply because of the amount of snot on her face.

Yep. Also, no closing yet. This week sometime it will most likely happen. We are just waiting to hear whether or not our sewer passed inspection yet, because if it didn't, we don't want to be repsonsible for footing the bill. So the fact that it hasn't happened yet isn't a bad thing, because we could be in a situation like this. And we did have a huge sewer clog. Not sure if it was beach towel related though.

Oh, and my boss does want me to come back full time. Which is fine. I'm sticking it out, only because I make peanuts now as it is, and going to the other job would entail me making even less peanuts, and being that I have my OWN little peanut to worry about, I'll stay where I make more and have health insurance. So today I have to call this place and tell them I'm not going to work there. I think that I'll be burning some bridges by doing that. They seem like the kind of people who would hold a grudge.

But you know what? Here's the way I look at it. My friend got me the job, because she works there. They all know that I have a Masters and tons of experience in graphics, and yet they only offered me this tiny salary. The same exact amount that I was making when I first graduated with my bachelors. Then I went to a different job and was making MORE than I would if I would take this job. And that was SEVEN years ago. So the more I think about it, the more I'm like, "what the fuck?" I should be insulted that they only offered me that much. Plus, no benefits! And they asked me if I would be willing to stay there. Forever? For what? What are you offering me that would make me want to stay? Of course, when I accepted the job, I was only thinking that my unemployment would be running out soon. I wish I would have taken more time to think about it, and realize it didn't make sense. But I was/am under a lot of stress, so that could be the culprit.

But that's where I stand this morning. Not looking forward to the phone call that I have to make, but oh well. That's life.

Comments

Popular Posts