Got a tie dyed Rancid shirt

Several weeks ago, I purchased my very first pair of Birkenstocks. What an exciting time for me when it comes to acquisition. My first house, my first baby, my first Birkenstocks… soon I’ll get a puppy and I can die happy.

At any rate, the Birkenstocks, while not the most attractive of sandals, are possibly the best shoes I’ve ever purchased. The only time they leave my feet is when I go to bed at night, and even though I have much prettier sandals for work, I still wear them to the office. Work appropriate? Who cares? They’re so comfy! They’re almost as good as wearing no shoes at all!

I hate shoes. No, let me rephrase that. I LOVE shoes. I hate wearing them. I love buying them. I hate having to walk around in them. I live for the summer, when my feet can breathe, free of socks and other binding materials.

If you would have told me ten years ago, when I was wearing dog chains around my neck and black eyeliner for lipstick, that I’d be wearing Birkenstocks, you know, when I was busy drinking 40s and chain smoking and going to punk rock shows and experimenting with various mind altering drugs, I would have told you that you were crazy.

Now I'm a mom, a crunchy, co-sleeping, breastfeeding, pull my hair in a ponytail and go type of mom. I never thought I'd go this route, but I did, and I'm liking it. Especially since the footwear is so comfy.

Comments

Unknown said…
yeah... but where is the rancid shirt!!!

Popular Posts