The stuff, the stuff, the stuff...

Slow week around here. I better post before the squirrels start eating everything.

First of all, I'd like to apologize to those of you who still come here, even though I've done a terrible job of keeping up with my blogroll in the past couple of months. Of course, it started going downhill once I had a baby, but got worse when I got laid off and being a mom became a full time job, if by full time you mean 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. I'll try to get around more often.

I have a lot of things brewing around in my head and haven't had a lot of time to post about them, unfortunately. I've worked all week (well, this is my third day) and it seems that the days I work I don't have time to do much, because I have to cram all the work I have to do into an three hour segment, then I have to go pick up Lyric from my mom's, then I end up being there the rest of the afternoon and make it home in time to make dinner and clean up the house. It's all very housewife-y.

I want to tell you about how my resume is cursed. Or at least, that's what Ryan and I think. There's got to be something on there that scares people, and I don't know what it is. Maybe it's too wordy. Maybe it's my Masters degree. Maybe it's my hypenated name. Who knows? But of all the jobs I've applied for, I've only gotten ONE call, and that was from a company that is 60, no let me spell it out for you in bold capital letters, SIXTY, miles away. That's 120 miles round trip. Thanks, but no thanks. If you are an expert at resumes and would like to take a look at mine and tell me exactly what the muthaeff is wrong with it, please do. I'll email it to you.

I also want to tell you about how fast my daughter is growing, and how she is well on her way to becoming mobile. This is a scary and exciting time for me as a mom, because I love seeing her grow and develop, and every day it seems like she's more, well, human, than say, a lump of cute little baby flesh. I'm amazed at her and how smart she is. She's almost there with the crawling. Right now she's more about the rolling, because she's good at it. She can aim herself now. Although she might have some of my clumsines, because last night I left her on the floor while I ran to the bathroom, and in mid-pee I heard her start wailing. That's really nothing exciting to me, because usually if I leave her sight she starts to freak out. When I re-entered the room, I realized she had rolled herself into the wooden rocking chair ottomon and bopped herself in the noggin. Whoops. Bad mommy. So now I must keep her in a more central location, or she has to be more closely supervised. Rolling can be scary. So I can't even imagine what crawling will be like.

I also wanted to talk about how my baby boob junkie refuses a bottle. It's mostly my fault, from being with her 24 hours a day. Before I went back to work for the first time, Ryan and I carefully experimented with several types of bottles for weeks. We found one that she liked and ran with it. So when I was at work she'd take several bottles a day, and I'd pump, and it was fabulous. Now she's back to refusing the bottle again, since she's had a boob at her beck and call for the past 2 months. So it's back to square one for mommy.

I also wanted to tell you that I fixed my mom's computer and I felt like such a champ. It's small victories like that that make me feel like a superhero (especially after I spent 6 or 8 hours working on it). So if you ever get really bad spyware, I'm your girl.

I'm sure there's more up stuff floating around in my brain but I have to get ready for work. 3 hours of being a graphics slave then back to being mommy.

Comments

Popular Posts