Unemployed E-Lo

When it rains, it pours.

I lost my job today. I thought that it was coming, to be honest. In fact, i've been preparing for it for a while.

Funnily enough, I'm more relieved than anything. Although I'm a little worried about my co-worker who also lost her job. She's a single mom with 2 kids at home. She left her abusive alcoholic husband because she got this job in the first place. Now she's screwed.

I also feel for my supervisor, who had it put on him to tell us this first thing this morning. He felt terrible.

However, my other boss has a shitload of bad karma coming to him for all the people he's fired just in the last year. I hope it hits him like a Mac truck. I mean that in the best way possible.

I'm not terribly worried about us. I'm able to collect unemployment. It's considered a lay off due to lack of work. Lucky for us, we're living for free at the moment. And I have a prospective job that I applied for last week. So wish me luck on that.

I feel like I should be upset, but I what I'm really feeling is extreme happiness about being able to be home with my daughter all day. I'm actually a little giddy. Poor, but giddy.

Comments

Popular Posts