Spring cleaning in a world of dirty diapers and knick knack hell



My daughter is already a budding musician. Ryan is so proud.

Yesterday Ryan and I decided to clean the In Law B and B. We knew that in order to do this, we would need a babysitter and about 8 hours, so we packed Lyric up and shipped her off to my mom's house.

Since nobody had been living here for roughly 2 months before we moved in, the dust was starting to get pretty thick. The reason we hadn't tackled this before was for one reason: the knick knacks. I don't know about you, but I don't want to spend my day moving 20 tons of milk glass and dusting it.

It literally took me a full hour to completely dust the living room. And that's without moving the milk glass. I took a feather duster and dusted AROUND it.

We did make a fairly significant dent in the amount of clutter and dirt that we'd been living in, so we felt pretty good about ourselves and went out for Mexican.

When we got home with the baby, none of us were tired. It was about 10:30 when we got home. I gave Lyric a bath, hoping it would tire her out, but what about me? I was wired. So was Ryan. And we were all up ALL NIGHT. I kid you not. By the time I started to feel kind of sleepy, Lyric was drifting off, and Ryan asked if I wanted to move from the couch to the bed, which jerked her awake.

It was terrible. We slept from about 4:30 until noon. Our sleep schedule is so off and I don't know what to do about it.

Must have been the lingering cleaning fumes?

Comments

Popular Posts