Union Jack

My dear father, who was engaged in a drunken conversation at camp over the weekend, asked me what party my brother was registered under. My brother knows very little about politics, so I could only guess, “uh… independent?” “No, no, it starts with an L… uh, luh… luh……litho… no, uh… lithuanian?” “Lithuanian? What?” “Yeah, wait, no…” “LIBERTARIAN, maybe?” “Yeah, Libertarian. That’s it.” “Oh my GOD.”


*******************************************


I’m kind of in a weird, cloudy haze today, still tired, but with my mind on London and what’s going on there. It’s so terrible to turn your television on first thing in the morning and see a city under attack. And for what? That’s the part I’ll never understand. What’s the message? What’s the point of taking innocent lives? People that have families, mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, children… it only proves how monstrous terrorists are, and I think we’ve learned that quite well over the years.

London, my heart goes out to you.

Comments

Popular Posts