And it used to just be beer...

This week has been seriously messed up for me. As if you couldn’t tell from my angry, exhausted, and otherwise emotionally distraught posts, I’m in some sort of pregnancy funk, and I don’t know how to deal with it. It was so easy when I could just get drunk.

So in light of everything around me that is crashing and burning and making me crazy, I’ve decided to think of things that make me happy right now. Here goes:

Feeling Fuzzball practicing to try out for the Rockettes, which Ryan won’t be thrilled with if he/she turns out to be a boy, but hey, I’m open to anything.

My wonderful marriage. I’m hearing tales of women who have been left all alone while pregnant since their significant others didn’t want to take responsibility. I’m glad I married the man I did and I’m even more glad that he’s just as excited about this kid as I am.

The fact that Fuzzball is healthy and obviously quite energetic.

Anything chocolate. Or ice cream. Or chocolate ice cream. Or chocolate ice cream with more chocolate. But really, any kind of ice cream is good.

The fact that I don’t work at Target (thanks for reminding me, ESC and Seth).

The fact that my job might move very soon to a location that is only 10 minutes away from my house. That would be awesome.

The new System of a Down song that I keep hearing on the radio. You know, the one that goes, “everybody is going to the party, have a real good time…dancing in the desert, blowing up the sunshine…” But my favorite part: “Why don't presidents fight the war? Why do they always send the poor?” Good stuff, with a string of la las to boot. I’ve got to get that CD. Big fan.

The fact that the new Harry Potter book will be delivered right to my door on Saturday. I’m so excited I’m almost peeing my pants, which really isn’t anything shocking, since I almost pee my pants at least once a day.

Pineapple. Both the taste and the smell.

Ice cream. Or milkshakes, even.


What makes you happy right now?

Comments

Popular Posts