TGIF Thank G-Lo it’s Friday

Every business week should be 4 days. This week, frustrating as it was, flew by. What a wonderful feeling.

I have a busy weekend coming up. I’m going back to Cook Forest tomorrow for the Herb and Fiber Festival at the Cook Forest Sawmill, which should be a treat. I’ve always wanted to go but I always had to work on the weekend that it fell on. So I’ll say it again, ha, ha, I don’t have to work in retail anymore! Then on Sunday I’m making the trek to Sharon, PA for my first ever blogger meeting with the illustrious Julie at Quaker Steak and Lube. That should be a fun filled event which will involve lots of pictures that we can post on our blogs next week. Hopefully I won’t clam up and be intensely shy, like I normally am with people I don’t really know. Julie, if I’m shy, please smack me.

On my way to work this morning, I saw a woman in a Jeep with a vanity license plate that read “G-Lo.” I almost slammed my breaks on in morning rush hour traffic (if you can actually say that the trek from Butler to Evans City is REAL rush hour) to see what this woman looked like and ask her WHY she was crampin’ my style, bitch. I tried to imagine what her real name was in order to justify exactly why she could be called G-Lo. I decided her name must have been Gina Lopinski. Most of you know my REAL name, I’m not terribly afraid to share it, because my husband has a 12 gauge in the closet (I really don’t know if it’s a 12 gauge, it could be a BB gun for all I know). I won’t say it here, because I don’t want random people from my past (like asshole ex boyfriends) searching for my name and finding my blog. ANYONE can make their name much like mine, you just have to take the first letter of your first name, hyphenate it, and add the first 2 letters of your last name. Although I was E-Lo long before I was married, so the “Lo” is actually my maiden name. It works well for some people, like J-Lo for instance… I decided if she could get J-Lo out of Jennifer Lopez then I certainly could be E-Lo. Some people just don’t have the capacity to make their name into an E-Lo like name… for instance, my sister would be “L-Bl,” which makes no sense. My other sister would be “C-Tu” which is also kind of bad. Because I hyphenated my name when I got married, my true E-Lo name SHOULD be E-Lo-Ha, but that sounds kind of Polynesian or something, and that would be confusing since I’m German Italian, etc.

Enough about me, how about more about… me? I got my license picture taken yesterday, and the difference between this license and the last one is STAGGERING. As soon as I get a chance, I’ll scan them and let you compare. I’ll tell you this, pregnancy must be a good thing for me, because even though I look a little more pleasantly plump in the new license, I look a hell of a lot better than I did in the last one that was taken in 2002, shortly after my wedding. I looked like a battered woman.

I also got a prenatal massage yesterday and today I feel like someone beat my shoulders with a baseball bat. I had knots the size of boulders in my shoulder blades, and it took her the greater part of the half hour to work them out. A majority of the time I felt like I was being tortured. I’m too sensitive for massage, I think. Maybe I just need a lighter touch. Next time I’m going somewhere different, where I won’t feel like I’m being abused. It was nice a lot of the time, until she touched my shoulders… then she went for the hips, which is the most extreme tickle spot on E-Lo. But she DID massage my butt, which was SOOO nice. Everyone should get their butt massaged at least once. I LOVE having my butt rubbed.

And on that note, have a good weekend everybody.

Comments

Popular Posts