Mmmm... yummy jobby goodness...

Wow.

I just got back from my interview, and I have to say, there have only been a couple of interviews I’ve been on in my life that I felt THIS confident about. The last time was for my current job. I didn’t necessarily know if I’d fit the job, but I was excited about the company. My supervisor talked it up and made it seem like this wonderful place to work, and while I had my doubts, I was still pretty excited. Alls well that ends well, and I got the job, obviously. And we all know how that turned out, a layoff later. The time before that I had an interview with a company in Butler doing graphics and video production, which is what I really love doing. I felt really great about the interview, and the one kid that worked there even went to school at Clarion, like me, and was a Communication major, like me! I thought I had it in the bag. Wrong. Big fat rejection, with no real explanation why.

THIS interview was more like that one, where I interviewed with the whole team, and they were great. The genuinely all seemed like they loved their jobs, and told me how much fun they had working there, etc. It was awesome. I felt so comfortable, and now I know that if I don’t get it I’ll be crushed, much like I was with the video production job. I still hate those bastards. Totally toyed with my emotions…

Anyhoo, they all seemed pretty impressed with me and all my skills, and I got to talk baby for a while with one of the girls that works there who has a little girl who is 2 weeks older than Lyric. I was there for an hour and a half. Longest interview EVA! But totally cool. It sounds like everything that I want to be doing. Even though it’s further away than my current job, but still, if it’s that cool, I don’t care.

If I get the job I’ll get to go to Boston for a trade show before the end of the year. A job where I get paid to travel! Amazing! Plus the hours seem totally flexible AND I can… Work. From. Home. Not all the time, of course, but if I need to!

Sigh…

According to the supervisor I’ll have a second interview next week, so keep your fingers crossed for me. This could be the job I’ve been waiting for.

Comments

Popular Posts