Ass Fault

Since my husband is now enjoying his winter unemployment as a seasonal construction worker, I have less time to enjoy the solitary luxuries that were in my life a few weeks ago. Read: blogging. And I’m also addicted to my Sims game that he bought me for Christmas. He’s such a corrupter. So I’m sorry I’m lagging on my posts. And the holidays probably contributed to that. I’m sure you’re all sitting on the edge of your seats waiting to see what I’m up to now. Which is nothing new.

Speaking of my husband, I was thinking the other day of his climb up the ladder in his paving career and the many characters he’s told me stories about along the way. I’ve heard so many of them I can’t even keep them straight. But the thing that was sticking out in my head was the names of these guys. After being an asphalt workers’ girlfriend/wife for roughly about four years, I’ve heard stories about guys called Porkchop, Cupcake, Pumpkin, and Milkshake, to name a few. I’m sure there are others that I’m forgetting. All with food related names. What I’m wondering is, is this food name phenomenon all over the world of paving? Does anyone out there know an asphalt worker with a food name?

Just something I’m thinking about. And if you know any asphalt related jokes, let me know.

Oh, and I should mention that thanks to my good friend Starr, the first thing I ate this year was Spotted Dick. No, not that. You know, that English sponge cake with raisins. From a CAN, no less. But not too shabby. However, I was drunk. Spotted Dick would be a wonderful paving name.

Comments

Popular Posts