Five Things you might not know about me...

Back when people used to read my blog, I wrote a post about the Duggar family, and as I've moved forward in my life as a parent, I've developed more than a little bit of respect for this family - I mean, wow, the organizational skills alone are unbelievable. I'm completely unorganized and I only have one. They have, like, 27 kids or something now. Actually, it's like 16 or 17, I've lost track. Still, I'm a big believer in birth control and credit cards. That's why I'll probably never have another kid - for both of those reasons. Anyway, the Duggar kids are adorable, and so polite and well mannered... I think they're great role models for kids. So many kids these days are just horrible - mean, spoiled little brats - and my kid is probably well on her way to becoming that.

I'd much rather her be like a Duggar kid. Does that mean I have to change her name to something that starts with a J? Cause if so, I'd like it to be Jezebel.

I listen to podcasts in my car. I'm a big fan of NPR (been listening to the BPP since before Dooce posted about it... then I felt TOTALLY cool, like I was on top of things). When Lost is on (which it will be next week - YES!) I listen to all the good Lost podcasts religiously, like Jay and Jack and the Transmission... I'm more than a little obsessed with Lost, so that makes two more things that you didn't know about me.

I told Lyric the other night that when she finally does have a brother or sister, that she's going to be a much better big sister than I was. I was a terrible big sister, in my opinion. I beat up on my brother, I was a bad influence, and I blame the fact that my brother smokes on myself. I'm trying to make up for the years of being a shitty big sister. Although I did let my brother hang out with me in high school.

I'm a fucking awful procrastinator. AWFUL. When I have too much shit to do, I keep putting off the other things that have been sitting on my plate for months. It's terrible. I have a wedding video to finish, envelopes to order within the next two weeks for another friends' wedding, and I'm too damn lazy to potty train my own child. I have a house full of projects that need to be done, and I've lived there for two years. It's goddamn ridiculous.

And that's five things you probably didn't know about me.

Comments

Popular Posts