Baby Needs a New Pair of Shoes...

Actually, my baby is well stocked in shoes - quite possibly, she has more shoes than one toddler might ever need. I'm pretty well stocked in shoes as well - I'm a no-nonsense type when it comes to shoes. They must be practical, comfortable, and cute at the same time. Which is sometimes tough to come by. Since I work in a very casual environment where I wear jeans and hoodies every day of the week, I only have one pair of heels that I wear for dressy occasions. Strangely enough, those heels are pretty comfy too.

One thing that is essential for me when buying shoes - they must not tie. Call me lazy, but I hate tying shoes. I want to slip them on my feet and go. Which means I never buy athletic shoes. But, since I'm participating in the Race for the Cure, I knew I had to get some walking/running shoes. Here's what I bought this weekend:

These are C9 by Champion shoes that I found at Target. They were on sale, and I just happened to have a 5 dollar off coupon, so they were somewhere around 20 bucks. And yes, as you can see, they tie. Which I haven't found to be a problem, because I doubled knotted them after the first time I put them on, and they slip on and off my foot very easily. I've worn them every day since Saturday - and it's kind of odd to see me with athletic shoes on, not only because I'm not athletic at all, but because I never wear shoes like this.

It's kind of nice, actually - buying these shoes makes me want to actually do something athletic, which is why today I'm starting a walking regimen. I sit far too long everyday, and it's starting to show, mainly in my hips and thighs. I've never had lean thighs, but the space between them has grown smaller and smaller lately, and it's kind of gross - having thighs that rub together when you walk. It sort of makes me gag thinking about it. There's a lot about my body that I find unattractive, but that's one thing that really grosses me out, even more than my cottage cheese butt or my mom belly.

ATTENTION THIGHS! YOU ARE GETTING OUT OF HAND! GO BACK TO WHERE YOU BELONGS AND QUIT TOUCHING EACH OTHER!

Shalini tagged me yesterday, so that post will be forthcoming.

Comments

Popular Posts