Picking up the pieces

Last night my little brother was in a pretty serious car accident. So for the second time in a couple of months, I got one of those phone calls. Those are getting old already.

He was taken to a hospital in Pittsburgh that has a great trauma unit, and right now is under heavy sedation in the neuro-intensive care unit. So far we know that he has:
a fractured skull, a punctured lung, a ruptured spleen, a broken pelvis, and some cuts and bruises, and probably some other broken bones/parts that we don't know about yet.

It's never a dull moment around these parts.

My brother, who is going to school to be a chef, is scheduled to do an externship at a fabulous Southern resort in September. So keep him in your thoughts/prayers that he actually gets to do that. I think he will.

He and his friend were hit by another car. My brother was the passenger, and his side of the car was the one struck. His friend who was driving was thrown from the car and is in a coma right now. We met his family and they were wonderful people, so keep them in your thoughts too.

I was supposed to have a 30th birthday party for Ryan on Saturday, and that plan is now out. Needless to say, I won't be around much this week, cause I'm not sure what's going on, which way is up, and right now I feel more sleep deprived than I did 7 months ago when I brought Lyric home.

Nap time.

Comments

Popular Posts