The Darling Buds of May

tulip bud
This is a tulip that I took great care in planting last year. I planted 6 of them, 3 of them came up, and Ryan accidentally whacked the bud off of one. So I have 2 measly tulips out of 6, and they haven’t fully bloomed yet for some reason. I guess there’s only room for me to bloom at my house.

I’ve been seriously lagging in the photography department, so this weekend I hope to have a mini photo safari. Hopefully I’ll have a new picture up with every post very soon, like I used to. Winter makes me slack off.

Oh, remember my post about how being a mommy makes you smarter? This morning I disproved that theory as I proceeded to pour hazelnut flavored coffee creamer over my corn flakes. I didn’t realize it until I glanced down at the bottle in my hand. How I mistook the feel of a curvy bottle of coffee creamer for a gallon of milk I’ll never know. I do know that I tried a bite of the cornflakes though. Not the best idea. The other day I removed a cassarole dish from the oven with a pot holder and an oven mitt, placed it on the counter, took the oven mitt off my hand and grabbed the piping hot dish with my right hand. WHAT THE FUCK? I had to sit for the rest of the night with ice on my index finger.

I guess I do have mommy brain.

Happy Friday!

Comments

Popular Posts