Tiddily Tidbits


Here are some little tidbits of info for the day:

Ken Jennings strikes again. Is anyone as obsessed with this guy as my friends are? In case you aren’t, Mr. Jennings has won Jeopardy 39 times in a row. So far he’s won $1,331,661. He must be the smartest man alive with the fastest trigger finger ever. I personally have never seen him. But I think I’ll make it a point to watch Jeopardy tonight. Maybe if I watch it I’ll get to see him lose. I have that effect on the Steelers.

"Fahrenheit 9/11" will be released on DVD and VHS on October 5. Good news for me, since I have yet to see it. But I’ve heard good things… and then I can actually talk about it. I don’t see movies until they are released on video. I’d like to, but I just don’t. Anyway, Michael Moore says that he’s decided not to submit the film for consideration for Best Documentary Oscar (Academy rules forbid airing a documentary on TV within nine months of its theatrical release, but the same rules don’t apply for fiction films…) in the hopes that he can get it on TV before the election. But that is if the distributors allow it, which Moore says they probably won’t. But there is going to be 100 minutes of extras on the DVD, which is awesome. Bonus materials kick ass on any DVD. Because I’m a movie nerd. Maybe that’s why I don’t see them in the theater. Because I need to watch bonus materials directly after viewing.

The "Friends" spin-off "Joey" starts this Thursday, in case any of you "Friends" fans didn’t know. I’m torn. I think it’s going to be cheesy and weird, but I have to watch. Drea de Matteo is in it, and I love her. Adriana was my favorite character on the Sopranos. But I don’t know if I can watch her and not think about her having IBS and getting shot in the woods. Damn my inability to differentiate fiction from reality.

And finally, my new favorite Bushism: "Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB-GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country." —George W. Bush, Poplar Bluff, Mo., Sept. 6, 2004
I heard this on my lunch break today and almost peed myself laughing. All I kept picturing in my head was my female OB-GYN. She does a great job of loving my vagina.
Of all the words that you could have used! Why love? Why? Silly wabbit.

Comments

Popular Posts