RNC One Liners


This is my favorite picture from NYC (hey Julie!), home of the wonderful RNC! This is St. Patrick’s Cathedral, photo circa 1997, the first time I was ever in New York, snapping photos like, well, a tourist.

My favorite one liners (they’re not really just one liners, more like big babbling blurbs, but hey, just go with the flow here people!) from the Republican National Convention:

"It was between war and a graver threat. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Not our critics abroad. Not our political opponents. And certainly not a disingenuous film maker who would have us believe that Saddam's Iraq was an oasis of peace when in fact it was a place of indescribable cruelty, torture chambers, mass graves and prisons that destroyed the lives of the small children held inside their walls."

-Said by John McCain, who later admitted to Chris Matthews that the only clip he saw of Fahrenheit 9/11 was of the scene where Moore shows Iraq a few days before the war started, a scene that portrayed peaceful moments in the everyday lives of Iraqi citizens days before we started killing their innocent civilians.

"The president announced the Bush Doctrine when he said: "Our war on terror begins with al-Qaida, but it does not end there. It will not end until every terrorist group of global reach has been found, stopped and defeated. 'Either you are with us or you are with the terrorists.' And since September 11th President Bush has remained rock solid."

-From Rudy Guliani’s stand-up performance. However, Bush said just a few days ago that the war on terror was "a war we cannot win." If that’s not rock solid I don’t know what is.

And my personal favorite so far: "To those critics who are so pessimistic about our economy, I say: Don't be economic girlie men!"

-From Arnold Schwarzenegger’s beautiful and moving speech that also included some favorite lines from his wonderful movies. I loved him in Last Action Hero. Hey Arnold, I’m trying hard not to be an economic girlie man, but I’ve been out of school for over a year with a Master’s degree and I work in a department store! Sorry about being such a pessimist. I’ll just shut up and take my 8 bucks an hour and thank God I’m an American.

I can't wait to hear what Dick has to say.

Ladies and Gentlemen: Thank you, and God Bless America!

Comments

Popular Posts