Jobs and Dogs


This is a picture I took Labor Day weekend on my nature photo hike.

I had another job interview yesterday. For some crappy staffing job. Nevertheless, it pays more than what I make right now, but it’s a temp job. Only 6 months. I don’t know if I’ll get it or not. It’s so hard for me to tell. They’re hiring 17 people for the job, so it may be a good chance, but I won’t be surprised if nothing happens, because that’s the thing that usually happens.

I am terrible at interviews. I used to think I was good at them, but that’s when I actually got hired for jobs. Now I think that when I open my mouth, rambling spewy crap comes out, and my hands flail about when I talk like I’m having some sort of arm seizure. Half the time I leave the interview going, ‘why did I say that? Why didn’t I say this instead?’ I’m terrible at talking to people. Ironic, because I was a communication major. You’d think after 7 years of studying it, I’d at least be able to do it effectively. I guess I really learned more about digital video editing, graphic design, learning theory, and multimedia program authoring. Somewhere in there I missed the "How to Communicate Effectively’ or better yet, ‘How to Fucking Talk and Not Sound like an Idiot’ class. Anyone want to teach me that one?

Another little bit of news: my parents are adopting a neglected Yorkie. Somebody please explain this term to me. "Neglected Yorkie." How in the world can anybody possibly neglect a Yorkie? They’re one of the cutest, most affectionate dogs in the world. I saw this one today. He’s a male, and he is literally skin and bones. And scared of the world. He feels most comfortable when he’s hiding under the couch, or if he’s outside, under the car. But he’ll sit on the couch as long as he’s all balled up and hiding his face. It made me feel terrible. He’s so cute, but it’s so sad that somebody was enough of a jerk to let him become this way. Even if they didn’t mean to. The people that owned him are really old, and they have 7 other dogs, which makes me wonder what kind of shape those dogs are in. I don’t even want to think about it, because it breaks my dog loving heart. I plan on coaching this dog. He’s almost 2, not quite a puppy anymore, so I’m trying to come up with a plan of action to get him to start trusting people. It’s going to be a tough road with this poor little guy. He’s coming to stay at my house tomorrow, so hopefully I can get some pictures up of him. He’s fuzzy and adorable.

Comments

Popular Posts