Back to normal

Miss Daisy went back to the kennel Saturday morning. It was a little tough to give her up, but it wasn't so bad considering she had pooped three times in the house that morning. The pooping was the hardest part. You can't imagine how hard it is to get a dog to tell you that she needs to go outside. But trust me, I can't even potty train my daughter, so it's no surprise that I couldn't get a less intelligent creature to do it either.

It was hard to give her up, but only because she's so cute. I'm going to visit her this evening, once Lyric wakes up from her nap. We went to Erie Saturday, and when Ryan's dad brought Lyric down yesterday afternoon once we got home, she saw the cat and said, "there's kitty friend!" and promptly said, "doggy?" and ran to the office where I kept Daisy's crate. Ryan and I looked at each other and said, "uh oh." But she seemed satisfied with my explanation that doggy went bye byes, and a family would probably adopt her soon and take her to their house.

I've come to realize that I do want a dog, badly. I love my cat - and I love the independence of cats and how low maintenance they are, but nothing can beat puppy love. When I do get a dog, he or she will be the right fit for our family, and probably be a little older and a little calmer. And able to poop outside. That's the bonus of older dogs, they usually already know that stuff. Puppies are cute, but like babies, they're a lot of work.

For now I'll be satisfied walking random dogs and taking pleasure in helping their stay in the kennel a happier one.

Comments

Popular Posts