Married with Children... almost.

I didn’t want to get out of bed this morning. It was thunder storming, perfect weather to sleep by. I stayed in bed as long as humanly possible before I pulled my ass to the shower.

The rain and wind really did a number around here. As I was leaving I had to pick up my potted mums, which were blown over. Then I noticed all my black eyed susans were smushed from the force of the wind. On my drive to work I saw a few sideways telephone poles, and the traffic light at the intersection before my work was out. I arrived to a totally pitch black building. Our power was out too! Fun! But it only stayed out for about 20 minutes, then I had to start doing work.

Then the sun came out.

I still have tons of work to do at my house. I’ve made a significant dent in the baby shower stuff, no thanks to my husband, who is the worst procrastinator in the world. I think he’s going to actually be surprised when I go into labor. It could be November 30th and he’d be like, “already?” I took it upon myself to put together the nursery cart, which is basically a little storage cart on wheels. There’s still the co-sleeper and dresser that need put together. He says he’ll do the dresser this weekend, but we’ll see. And according to him, he’s “not worried” about the co-sleeper… it is only September… the END of September! I’m 34 weeks! Hello??? Do you want our kid to have a place to sleep or not?

Sorry. I’m harboring a little bitterness over the state of my home right now. The fact that I get absolutely NO HELP whatsoever isn’t making matters better. I’m 8 months pregnant. I can’t roll my ass off the couch without a push. How am I supposed to clean the bathrooms? The kitchen floor? Get the laundry out of the dryer?

Oh yeah, I forgot, he works a gazillion hours a day. I have such nerve to ask for anything. It’s a good thing I like him.

I’m tired and extremely cranky. Carrying a 5 or so pound kid around inside your body (who keep kicking you in the ribs), along with 40+ extra pounds can do a number on your emotional stability some days.

I have a doctor appointment tomorrow, so at least I get to sleep in!

Comments

Popular Posts