Strange Days

I had a strange weekend. It was very emotionally mixed.

I found out on Friday after work that a kid I’ve known for 15 years was killed in an apartment fire. He was 18 years old. His dad lives next door to my camp, so I saw him almost every time I was there. When Ryan and I started dating, he came around more, and got to really like Ryan. Ryan and I kept a close watch on him, knowing he had a tendency to get himself into trouble out of sheer boredom. If you lived in the middle of nowhere, you might do the same thing. He could be annoying, but I enjoyed picking on him, and I think he liked the attention. I’m going to miss not having him around sneaking our beers this summer. He was a notorious alcohol thief. But I’ll miss him anyway.

Needless to say, after that, Friday was kind of a crappy day for me, although I did what I could to keep my mind occupied. We watched Bill Maher (which was awesome for a change, although I love him so I don’t care that the last season of his show sucked) and after that we watched the Grudge. Holy shit. So far, nobody I know has admitted to being as afraid of this movie as I am. Am I that much of a pussy? I never want to see it again. My heart was literally pounding during some parts. After it was over I made Ryan come with me to put my pajamas on, which I ‘m sure he enjoyed. I fell asleep on the couch for fear of going into the bedroom by myself. I was still thinking about it last night as I tried to fall asleep. So I didn’t sleep very well. No more scary movies for me for a while. That’s why I wasn’t allowed to watch scary stuff when I was a kid. I wouldn’t sleep for a month after.

Saturday we went to see Constantine. I’m still not sure what I thought… it was good but it could have been so much better. The story is great, it just wasn’t done as well as it could have been. Then we had a fun night of drinking and dancing and all sorts of fun.

It’s nice to have weekends off.

Comments

Popular Posts