Holidaze

It seems like every year Christmas and I grow farther and farther apart. I used to really love Christmas, even back when I was working in retail, because then I was really feeling the whole holiday vibe thing, but now... well, let's just say there's no more vibe. I don't know if it's the complete and utter lack of snow in Western PA or the fact that I'm just getting old.

You'd think with a baby Christmas would be more fun. But it's not. Because she's still too young to get it. I opened all her presents that I wrapped on Christmas morning, I opened all the presents from my mom, Ryan's mom, grandmas, great grandmas, aunts, uncles, etc. And it sucked. She got way too much stuff again. I wanted to say to these people, "were you not there on her birthday? Because I think you were the one that got her seven of these same blinking, noisy things."

How do you put a limit on that shit? It would be one thing if it were nice stuff, but she got a lot of junk, like dollar store junk. Is it wrong to tell people to limit themselves to one gift or just buy a gift card? Because diapers would be useful. I always need them. They come in more handy than the 500,000 toys that are still sitting in boxes (some from her birthday too!).

This year we had to leave from our house, go to Ryan's aunts house, to his mom's house, to my mom's house, back to his mom's house... and we learned that we're never leaving the house again on Christmas. It's a valuable lesson.

Here's to a happy new year.

Comments

Popular Posts