Eh...

Maybe I missed the whole seeing it on the big screen thing, but "eh" is what I thought of Brokeback Mountain. I kind of thought it should have been called Brokeback Boring instead. I mean, it's an alright story, it's sad and depressing, so it's good to watch if you feel like your life sucks, with the whole "star crossed lovers" thing going on, but you know, whatever. I'm no movie critic. Plus hello? Awkward sex scenes! Ok, I totally get the fact that the gay sex is awkward, so yeah, that's cool. That I didn't mind at all. But the sex scene between Michelle Williams and Heath Ledger? I'm supposed to believe they had 2 kids together? And one in real life? Puh-lease!

I wanted a little more I think. You know, for something so critically acclaimed and all. Don't get me wrong, I don't think it totally sucked or anything.

As far as Ryan's "gay cowboy crap" thing, don't get the wrong idea. He's just a blue collar guy. He works in the paving industry for cryin' out loud. So it did make me chuckle to see the part of the movie where Heath Ledger is a lute man (paving terminology: the part where it looks like he's raking the asphalt). Ryan does that on a daily basis. Anyway, I don't think it's because he's insecure with his sexuality, I mean, he has a totally HOT wife, and a very cute kid. And back in the day he had a very openly gay roommate. By choice even. So I think his attitude was "not another gay artsy movie" because I've made him watch PLENTY of gay artsy movies, including "Camp" (one of my FAVORITES). And the fact that Brokeback got so hyped up BECAUSE it was about gay dudes.

At any rate, I've long since come to terms with the fact that my husband isn't into artsy stuff (even though he's a musician and a very good songwriter). And that he's very opinionated and not at all afraid to let his opinions known. I'm actually kind of jealous that he's like that, because I really wish I could be more like him in that way. I'm too afraid to really say what I think most of the time.

"Eh" is my theme this week. It's my theme because I've given in and let my frustrations take over. And now that my frustration has reached it's peak, I feel all apathetic and blah.

Tonight is my weekly weigh in, and I feel pretty "eh" about that too. I've been pretty lazy (but I did pull a muscle in my neck while working out last week, so I've been considering it "taking it easy") about working out, and I've been drowning my sorrow in chocolate and pizza since alcohol is off limits. So far I've lost 13 pounds, and though I've lost every week for the past 6 weeks, I'm afraid that this week I've gained, which in my view is a tremendous failure.

On a happier note, it was nice to get out and away from family obligations for a bit last night, even though I missed Lyric terribly in the four hours I was away from her.

That totally defines everything about me these days.

Comments

Popular Posts