How to be emo... not to be confused with E-Lo

This is probably one of the funnier things I've read in a few days... this is also how I know I'm getting old, because I can only think "kids these days..."

Umm... but I'm also kind of leaning towards getting my hair cut with many choppy layers and highlights with some bright red bangs. Bonus - my bangs are already long enough to cover one eye! Is that wrong when I'm almost 31?

Kids try too hard now to have an image. There was no instruction manual when I was in high school on how to be punk rock. After this one, I read "how to dress like an emo girl" and it said "Get a hair style that is dyed black or some other dark color. Blonde is good too, just be sure to dress like all the other emos, so everyone can see that you too are non conformist."

Ummmmmm??? Wha??? How??? Do you even???

I can only hope that Lyric wants to be herself when she gets older. If she wants to pierce her face and have pink hair, cool - as long as she's staying true to herself and not doing it because some freaking wikihow article said do it or you're not cool.

I'm not sure where I'm going with this. Now back to your regularly scheduled E-Lo (I have to go listen to Hawthorne Heights... My Chemical Romance is NOT emo).

Comments

Popular Posts