Love Bites

http://squirrelstories.blogspot.com/2005/08/uterus-on-legs.html

It took me forever to find this link. I really need to label my posts.


This past weekend Ryan and I spent with my parents and Lyric at camp. Lyric loves camp, because there is always someone around to take her for a walk - be it me, or Ryan, or my mom, or my dad. And the dogs follow her where ever she goes. The kid loves taking walks, and camp is a great place to do it.

She also had the experience of sleeping in a tent for the first time. That in itself was an experience for us, because she was just TOO EXCITED! You mean we SLEEP in here? Not bounce around like crazy people! BUT THIS IS JUST TOO EXCITING! FORGET SLEEP!

Thankfully, she passed out after about an hour.

It's getting to that awkward stage right now with Lyric that I'm not sure how to discipline her. She does things that need corrective action, and short of telling her NO, I'm not sure what else to do, because I don't know what to do with her. Case in point - she's a biter. I don't know why, or how it started, but the kid loves biting, especially when she's tired. I look like a battered woman with crazy bruises all up and down my arms.

So - parents - how do I stop the biting? Do I spray the bitter apple stuff that I used to use for Rocky all over me? What do I do? I'm in a wedding in 68 days that involves me wearing a strapless dress... it's not gonna look so hot if I have bruises and scars all over me.

What would you do?

Comments

Popular Posts