Fears

My top 10 fears:
1. George W. getting re-elected. Wow, would that suck. I'd never get a job.
2. Spiders.
3. Clowns.
4. Losing my job, as dead-end as it is.
5. Being broke forever.
6. Never finding a real job.
7. Living in a trailer park for the rest of my life. Hey, I'm not knocking it, its just not where I imagined myself at 27. Especially with my degree of education. I should have a big house, dogs, and a pool by now.
8. Never finishing my thesis. I'm on the right track for that. Considering I never work on it.
9. Working in retail for the rest of my life.
10. Getting fat. Cause I'm so vain.

I'm on a diet. Have been since Monday. It's been about a year since I've watched my eating habits closely. I'm by no means fat, I'm just a tad bit portiler than I'd like to be. It happens to the best of us, I guess. The risk of being an American, along with the terrorist threat. I'm on orange alert for my ass. So far, so good.
My husband was going to try not drinking for a month while I was on my diet, but he is currently at the bar right now. So much for that. Nothing like a support system to keep you going.

As for my thesis, I've been trying to finish it for over a year now. I graduated and everything, but I won't get my diploma until my advisor feels my thesis is good enough. She's been dicking my around me months. I'll send her a draft, I won't hear from her for a month or so, she'll say its good, lets get ready to defend, then she'll find something to pick on. Its just never going to be good enough for her. The sorry thing is, I'm by no means a writer. My thesis is on the theory of Multiple Intelligences, and how people can be smart in many different ways. I'm musically and visually smart. My lowest areas of intelligence are lingustic and mathematical. Which is entirely what my thesis consists of. She's trying to turn me into her, which I hate to no end. I just don't know what I can do about it at this point.

Comments

Popular Posts