E-Lo’s 2005 Year in Review

Well, it’s that time of year again. Time to think about the year and what it brought me. What a difference a year can make. Last year at this time I was working at Target and wondering how I could make it home, get really drunk and smoke a bunch of cigarettes, and be up and back to work by 7 in the morning.

Now? Not so much… but I am wondering just how many drinks I can have while breastfeeding before my child becomes totally wasted. Ahem.

But first, for your daily dose of cuteness:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

It’s certainly been the hardest year of my life, and the happiest. So here we go:


Best moment of 05: Duh. The day I gave birth. I mean, it wasn’t necessarily the best day I’ve ever had, considering I spent most of the day in a great deal of pain. But the outcome was well worth it.

Best bit of news of 05: I had a lot of good news. But I’d say the day I got my job was pretty good news. Because I was able to put my 2 weeks in at Target, and that made me incredibly happy. Ha, you thought I was going to say the day I found out I was pregnant, huh? No. That one is coming up though.

Best show of 05: Hands down, Mellencamp. You thought I was going to say Ozzfest, didn’t you? Nope. Mellencamp rocked my pregnant socks off.

Scariest day of 05: Ok. The day I found out I was pregnant. Seriously, you would have thought I was a 16 year old girl instead of a married 28 year old. I don’t think I’ve ever been more freaked out in my life. But hey, it all worked out for the best.

Favorite song of 05: Gold Digger. You know, that Kanye West song that is super overplayed… yeah, I love that song. I can’t wait until I can go out to a bar and "get down girl, go ‘head, get down" to that one.

Best excuse to get out of having sex in 05: "I just had a baby! My vagina hurts!" Also, the old "I just had a baby" bit is a good excuse to get out of doing dishes, the laundry, making the bed, running the sweeper, and various other household activities. Having a baby has made my husband quite the domestic diva.

Best thing I heard out of Ryan’s mouth in 05: (talking to Lyric) "Oh, little girl, you are so beautiful. You look just like your mommy."

Best food of 05: Ice cream. Any kind. Ice cream was the official sponsor of my pregnancy. I have a feeling my little girl will have quite the taste for it for the whole rest of her life. With any luck, she’ll have her dad’s metabolism, instead her mom’s proclivity for big ass-edness (Yes, I just invented a new word there).

Most successful day of 05 other than the day I gave birth: The day I finished my thesis and became a Master of Communication Education and Mass Media Technology. Whatever that means.

The thing I’ll miss most about 05: Feeling my baby kick my innards around. Every once in a while I swear I feel a phantom kick. Maybe it’s just gas?

Best movie of 05: HP and the Goblet of Fire. It knocked my socks off. Seriously the BEST HP movie yet. I saw it the day it was released, because I was 3 days overdue with Lyric and I thought it might be my only chance to go. It was well worth sitting uncomfortably for almost 3 hours. Especially after how miserable PoA was.

Biggest Mundane Perk of 05: Those "new and expectant mothers" parking spots. How wonderful for lazy moms like myself.

Worst band of 05: Him. Their slogan should be "turning otherwise normal girls into little goth princesses." Ryan’s little cousin is a fan. 2 months ago she was wearing baseball caps and oversized sweatshirts. Now she’s all decked out in black nail polish, black eyeliner, and shirts with skulls on them. It’s cute, but she’s freaking 11. I had my phases, but I was 19 when I was getting tattoos, piercing my tongue and wearing dog collars. Kids move so fast these days. Before you know it, Lyric will be piercing her nose and teething.

Best decision of 05: Quitting smoking. I had my last cigarette on March 16th. Now cigarette smoke gives me a headache, and smelling it on people makes me ill. I’m going to have a hard time if I ever go out to a bar.

Most exciting prospects of 06: Riding a roller coaster, riding a horse, painting my own toenails, tying my shoes, and wrestling with my husband. And buying a house. I’m also looking forward to returning to work so I can catch up on everyone’s blogs. I miss that. But mostly watching my kid grow. That will be good.


Happy New Year!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Comments

Popular Posts