The Battle with the Jackass

I've fought an ongoing battle with this dude lately that constantly posts on our local paper's message board about unions and how much he hates them. I've been trying to convince him just to stop talking. He's one of those people that just need a beat down by some old blue collar union guys. He keeps running his mouth. Drives me nuts. I was raised by 2 union parents, and their cushy union jobs that "drive industry out of the country" is what sent me to college for my master's degree. It really irritates me. Yes, there are bad things about unions these days, but the way he talks about it he makes it sound like all union workers are lazy bums who "lean on a broom all day and make 27 bucks an hour." If it weren't for unions, regular people (including non-union retailers like myself) would not have health insurance, vacation time, personal time, or sick pay. Unions are just part of the deal. This is a guy who would eliminate public education just because of teacher's unions. Like teachers have a choice whether or not they want to be in a union or not. Most of the teachers I know are unemployed and would jump at the chance at any job, union or not. Just what this country needs, more uneducated dunderheads. Yeah, I said dunderheads. Good word. I think I'll use that in a conversation tomorrow.
So, needless to say, I've decided to ignore him, and I hope the other people who he regularly pisses off will get the same idea. I'll just vent about it here.
I had the crappiest day. Like I said earlier, I work in retail. I'm sort of an assistant manager at the store that I work at, and Mondays are the night I get to be in charge of my team. Talk about dunderheads. Its like pulling teeth to get them to do anything at all. I've tried to stay optimistic about my rather poor run of luck finding a real job, but with each passing day, it only get tougher. Today I just wanted to sit down and cry. I've been out of school for over a year with a Master's degree, and I'm no further along now than I was then. At least I don't have to live with my parents anymore. But that's a story for another day.

Comments

Popular Posts