Haiti

The more I learn about Haiti, and the more I can picture the suffering that must be going on there, the more my heart breaks. I know that words can’t help, but now, as a mother, I can’t imagine how scared and alone the children that have lost their parents must feel. The fact that we can just go on with our mundane lives, sending emails, updating our facebook statuses, and taking everything for granted just blows my fucking mind. Every once in a while I get jarred back into reality, and as I was reading a story just now about the people who are sleeping outside the hospital – a little girl with broken legs telling her dad that she’s ok – I started bawling at my desk.

Whenever you feel like the trival things in life are getting you down, stop to think about that – and thank your lucky stars for what a blessed life you live.


Comments

Popular Posts