My new obsession

If you know me pretty well, you'll know that it doesn't take much for me to become obsessed with certain things, places, and people. I'm an obsessive personality, and sometimes it drives me crazy. CRAZY. As if I weren't enough.

So, last Thursday I was checking out some photos on flickr from this girl I went to high school with - her husband is in Ryan's band - and there were all these awesome hula hooping pictures. I commented on one and asked here where she got her hoops. That night, I came home from work to Ryan's band having practice, and lo and behold, there was a hula hoop waiting for me that she had sent over. I was so excited. She makes them out of irrigation tubing, connectors, and fun colored tape.

I went up to the kitchen right away to try it out. I knew that it wasn't going to be as easy as she makes it look, but I tried. I failed miserably - I couldn't keep it up for more than ten seconds. But I kept trying. Finally, Saturday night I was successful. Monday I learned to hoop around my arms and neck. Yesterday my boss brought in a weighted hoop for me and I hooped at work after our 2 mile walk.

It's so fun. I just want to learn how to do more and more.

I'll post pictures soon.

Comments

Popular Posts